Like each month, have a look at the work funded by Freexian’s Debian LTS offering.
Debian project funding
In May, we put aside 2233 EUR to fund Debian projects.
We’re looking forward to receive more projects from various Debian teams! Learn more about the rationale behind this initiative in this article.
Debian LTS contributors
In May, 14 contributors have been paid to work on Debian LTS, their reports are available:
- Abhijith PA did 14.0h (out of 14h assigned).
- Andreas Rönnquist did 14.5h (out of 25.0h assigned), thus carrying over 10.5h to June.
- Anton Gladky did 19h (out of 19h assigned).
- Ben Hutchings did 8h (out of 11h assigned and 13h from April), thus carrying over 16h to June.
- Chris Lamb did 18h (out of 18h assigned).
- Dominik George did 2h (out of 20.0h assigned), thus carrying over 18h to June.
- Enrico Zini did 9.5h (out of 16.0h assigned), thus carrying over 6.5h to June.
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort did 28h (out of 13.75h assigned and 35.25h from April), thus carrying over 21h to June.
- Markus Koschany did 40h (out of 40h assigned).
- Roberto C. Sánchez did 13.5h (out of 32h assigned), thus carrying over 18.5h to June.
- Sylvain Beucler did 23.5h (out of 20h assigned and 20h from April), thus carrying over 16.5h to June.
- Stefano Rivera did 5h in April and 14h in May (out of 17.5h assigned), thus anticipating 1.5h for June.
- Thorsten Alteholz did 40h (out of 40h assigned).
- Utkarsh Gupta did 35h (out of 19h assigned and 30h from April), thus carrying over 14h to June.
Evolution of the situation
The number of paid contributors increased significantly, we are pleased to welcome our latest team members: Andreas Rönnquist, Dominik George, Enrico Zini and Stefano Rivera.
It is worth pointing out that we are getting close to the end of the LTS period for Debian 9. After June 30th, no new security updates will be made available on security.debian.org. We are preparing to overtake Debian 10 Buster for the next two years and to make this process as smooth as possible.
But Freexian and its team of paid Debian contributors will continue to maintain Debian 9 going forward for the customers of the Extended LTS offer. If you have Debian 9 servers to keep secure, it’s time to subscribe!
You might not have noticed, but Freexian formalized a mission statement where we explain that our purpose is to help improve Debian. For this, we want to fund work time for the Debian developers that recently joined Freexian as collaborators. The Extended LTS and the PHP LTS offers are built following a model that will help us to achieve this if we manage to have enough customers for those offers. So consider subscribing: you help your organization but you also help Debian!
Thanks to our sponsors
Sponsors that joined recently are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- Gold sponsors:
- Silver sponsors:
- The Positive Internet Company (for 97 months)
- Domeneshop AS (for 96 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 90 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 82 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 82 months)
- Ribbon Communications, Inc. (for 76 months)
- Exonet B.V. (for 66 months)
- Leibniz Rechenzentrum (for 60 months)
- CINECA (for 49 months)
- Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires Étrangères (for 43 months)
- Cloudways Ltd (for 33 months)
- Dinahosting SL (for 31 months)
- Bauer Xcel Media Deutschland KG (for 25 months)
- Platform.sh (for 25 months)
- Moxa Intelligence Co., Ltd. (for 19 months)
- sipgate GmbH (for 16 months)
- OVH US LLC (for 14 months)
- Tilburg University (for 14 months)
- GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH (for 6 months)
- Telecats BV (for 4 months)
- Soliton Systems K.K. (for 3 months)
- Bronze sponsors:
- Evolix (for 97 months)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 97 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 94 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 94 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 92 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 91 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 91 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 90 months)
- NUMLOG (for 90 months)
- WinGo AG (for 90 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes - LHEEA (for 86 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 81 months)
- Adfinis AG (for 78 months)
- GNI MEDIA (for 73 months)
- Laboratoire LEGI - UMR 5519 / CNRS (for 73 months)
- Tesorion (for 73 months)
- Bearstech (for 64 months)
- LiHAS (for 64 months)
- People Doc (for 61 months)
- Catalyst IT Ltd (for 59 months)
- Supagro (for 54 months)
- Demarcq SAS (for 53 months)
- Université Grenoble Alpes (for 39 months)
- TouchWeb SAS (for 31 months)
- SPiN AG (for 28 months)
- CoreFiling (for 23 months)
- Institut des sciences cognitives Marc Jeannerod (for 18 months)
- Observatoire des Sciences de l’Univers de Grenoble (for 15 months)
- Tem Innovations GmbH (for 10 months)
- WordFinder.pro (for 9 months)
- CNRS DT INSU Résif (for 8 months)
- Alter Way