Extended LTS for Debian 10 Buster
- 2019-07-06: Publication of Debian 10 Buster
- 2022-06-30: Security support handed over to the Debian LTS team.
- 2024-06-30: End of support in Debian. Security support now handled by Freexian’s Extended LTS service.
- 2029-06-30: End of support.
The set of architectures supported depend on the request of our customers. At this point, you can be sure that amd64 will be supported. But we can easily support armhf, arm64 and i386. If you need another architecture, please subscribe and let us know your requirements.
Limitations of support
Not all packages can be supported by our Extended LTS for Debian 10 service:
- packages that have already been marked as unsupported by the Debian security/LTS teams are not supported: see list in git repository
- linux: we don’t provide security support for Linux 4.19 that was originally provided in Debian 10 Stretch. Instead we maintain a backport.
Note that when you request a quote, we send you back a list of packages that are not supported or that have limitations in their support so that you can take an informed decision.
List of base packages
The following packages are part of Debian’s 10 base system and will thus always be supported (as long as we have customers paying for Debian 10 support):
- The list has not been finalized yet.