We are always looking for talented Debian contributors who embrace our mission statement and our values. If you are among them, and in particular if you fit in one ore more of the roles described below, please reach out to the Freexian managers.
We need developers who are able to provide security updates for our customers. Requirements:
- have a good understanding of computer security issues;
- be able to read and write code in many different programming languages;
- know Debian packaging and Debian security-related processes.
Developers will also be tasked to build Freexian’s internal infrastructure and new service offerings. Our software stack is based on Python (and Django for the web part).
We see ourselves as entrepreneurs and we are eager to experiment new business models that could help us to fund Debian development but we lack time to try out all our ideas. We are thus looking for other persons who consider themselves as entrepreneurs. Requirements:
- be willing to invest time in new ideas without immediate reward;
- be able to juggle with many different responsibilities;
- be able to coordinate the work within a team (including development work);
- be able to formalize processes and design associated infrastructure.
We need Debian experts that have a broad experience in IT and building custom solutions with Debian. We have customers that are looking for our help to:
- audit their infrastructure and workflows, often in relationship with building their own derivative;
- troubleshoot problems;
- package software for Debian;
- better interact with Debian;
- get advice on new projects, etc.