Like each month, have a look at the work funded by Freexian’s Debian LTS offering.
Debian LTS contributors
In August, 19 contributors have been paid to work on Debian LTS, their reports are available:
- Abhijith PA did 0.0h (out of 12.0h assigned and 2.0h from previous period), thus carrying over 14.0h to the next month.
- Adrian Bunk did 18.5h (out of 18.5h assigned).
- Anton Gladky did 7.5h (out of 5.0h assigned and 10.0h from previous period), thus carrying over 7.5h to the next month.
- Bastien Roucariès did 17.0h (out of 15.5h assigned and 3.0h from previous period), thus carrying over 1.5h to the next month.
- Ben Hutchings did 18.5h (out of 9.0h assigned and 9.5h from previous period).
- Chris Lamb did 18.0h (out of 18.0h assigned).
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort did 18.5h (out of 18.25h assigned and 0.25h from previous period).
- Guilhem Moulin did 24.0h (out of 22.5h assigned and 1.5h from previous period).
- Jochen Sprickerhof did 2.5h (out of 8.5h assigned and 10.0h from previous period), thus carrying over 16.0h to the next month.
- Lee Garrett did 18.0h (out of 9.25h assigned and 9.25h from previous period), thus carrying over 0.5h to the next month.
- Markus Koschany did 28.5h (out of 28.5h assigned).
- Ola Lundqvist did 0.0h (out of 0h assigned and 24.0h from previous period), thus carrying over 24.0h to the next month.
- Roberto C. Sánchez did 18.5h (out of 13.0h assigned and 5.5h from previous period).
- Santiago Ruano Rincón did 18.5h (out of 18.25h assigned and 0.25h from previous period).
- Sean Whitton did 7.0h (out of 10.0h assigned), thus carrying over 3.0h to the next month.
- Sylvain Beucler did 18.5h (out of 9.75h assigned and 8.75h from previous period).
- Thorsten Alteholz did 14.0h (out of 14.0h assigned).
- Tobias Frost did 16.0h (out of 16.0h assigned).
- Utkarsh Gupta did 12.25h (out of 0h assigned and 12.25h from previous period).
Evolution of the situation
In August, we have released 42 DLAs.
The month of August turned out to be a rather quiet month for the LTS team.
Three notable updates were to bouncycastle, openssl, and zabbix. In the case of bouncycastle a flaw allowed for the possibility of LDAP injection and the openssl update corrected a resource exhaustion bug that could result in a denial of service. Zabbix, while not widely used, was the subject of several vulnerabilities which while not individually severe did combine to result in the zabbix update being of particular note.
Apart from those, the LTS team continued the always ongoing work of triaging, investigating, and fixing vulnerabilities, as well as making contributions to the broader Debian and Free Software communities.
Thanks to our sponsors
Sponsors that joined recently are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- Gold sponsors:
- Silver sponsors:
- Domeneshop AS (for 111 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 105 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 97 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 97 months)
- Ribbon Communications, Inc. (for 91 months)
- Exonet B.V. (for 81 months)
- Leibniz Rechenzentrum (for 75 months)
- CINECA (for 64 months)
- Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires Étrangères (for 58 months)
- Cloudways Ltd (for 48 months)
- Dinahosting SL (for 46 months)
- Bauer Xcel Media Deutschland KG (for 40 months)
- Platform.sh (for 40 months)
- Moxa Inc. (for 34 months)
- sipgate GmbH (for 31 months)
- OVH US LLC (for 29 months)
- Tilburg University (for 29 months)
- GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH (for 20 months)
- Soliton Systems K.K. (for 18 months)
- Bronze sponsors:
- Evolix (for 112 months)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 112 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 109 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 108 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 107 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 106 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 106 months)
- Greenbone AG (for 105 months)
- NUMLOG (for 105 months)
- WinGo AG (for 105 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes - LHEEA (for 101 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 96 months)
- Adfinis AG (for 93 months)
- GNI MEDIA (for 88 months)
- Laboratoire LEGI - UMR 5519 / CNRS (for 88 months)
- Tesorion (for 88 months)
- Bearstech (for 79 months)
- LiHAS (for 79 months)
- Catalyst IT Ltd (for 74 months)
- Supagro (for 69 months)
- Demarcq SAS (for 68 months)
- Université Grenoble Alpes (for 54 months)
- TouchWeb SAS (for 46 months)
- SPiN AG (for 43 months)
- CoreFiling (for 38 months)
- Institut des sciences cognitives Marc Jeannerod (for 33 months)
- Observatoire des Sciences de l’Univers de Grenoble (for 30 months)
- Tem Innovations GmbH (for 24 months)
- WordFinder.pro (for 24 months)
- CNRS DT INSU Résif (for 23 months)
- Alter Way (for 16 months)
- Institut Camille Jordan (for 5 months)