Like each month, have a look at the work funded by Freexian’s Debian LTS offering.
Debian project funding
In June, we put aside 2254 EUR to fund Debian projects.
We’re looking forward to receive more projects from various Debian teams! Learn more about the rationale behind this initiative in this article.
Debian LTS contributors
In June, 15 contributors have been paid to work on Debian LTS, their reports are available:
- Abhijith PA did 14.00h (out of 14.00h assigned).
- Andreas Rönnquist did 14.50h (out of 14.50h assigned and 10.50h from previous period, thus carrying over 10.50h to the next month).
- Anton Gladky did 16.00h (out of 16.00h assigned).
- Ben Hutchings did 16.00h (out of 0.00h assigned and 16.00h from previous period).
- Chris Lamb did 18.00h (out of 18.00h assigned).
- Dominik George did 1.83h (out of 6.00h assigned and 18.00h from previous period, thus carrying over 22.17h to the next month).
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort did 30.25h (out of 9.25h assigned and 21.00h from previous period).
- Enrico Zini did 8.00h (out of 9.50h assigned and 6.50h from previous period, thus carrying over 8.00h to the next month).
- Markus Koschany did 30.25h (out of 30.25h assigned).
- Ola Lundqvist did nothing (out of 12.00 available hours, thus carrying them over to the next month).
- Roberto C. Sánchez did 27.50h (out of 11.75h assigned and 18.50h from previous period, thus carrying over 2.75h to the next month).
- Stefano Rivera did 8.00h (out of 30.25h assigned, thus carrying over 20.75h to the next month).
- Sylvain Beucler did 30.25h (out of 13.75h assigned and 16.50h from previous period).
- Thorsten Alteholz did 30.25h (out of 30.25h assigned).
- Utkarsh Gupta did not report back about their work so we assume they did nothing (out of 30.25 available hours, thus carrying them over to the next month).
Evolution of the situation
In June we released 27 DLAs.
This is a special month, where we have two releases (stretch and jessie) as ELTS and NO release as LTS. Buster is still handled by the security team and will probably be given in LTS hands at the beginning of the August. During this month we are updating the infrastructure, documentation and improve our internal processes to switch to a new release.
Many developers have just returned back from Debconf22, hold in Prizren, Kosovo! Many (E)LTS members could meet face-to-face and discuss some technical and social topics! Also LTS-BoF took place, where the project was introduced (link to video).
Thanks to our sponsors
- Platinum sponsors:
- Gold sponsors:
- Silver sponsors:
- Domeneshop AS (for 98 months)
- The Positive Internet Company (for 98 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 92 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 83 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 83 months)
- Ribbon Communications, Inc. (for 77 months)
- Exonet B.V. (for 67 months)
- Leibniz Rechenzentrum (for 61 months)
- CINECA (for 50 months)
- Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires Étrangères (for 45 months)
- Cloudways Ltd (for 34 months)
- Dinahosting SL (for 32 months)
- Bauer Xcel Media Deutschland KG (for 26 months)
- Platform.sh (for 26 months)
- Moxa Intelligence Co., Ltd. (for 20 months)
- sipgate GmbH (for 17 months)
- Tilburg University (for 16 months)
- OVH US LLC (for 15 months)
- GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH (for 7 months)
- Soliton Systems K.K. (for 4 months)
- Bronze sponsors:
- Evolix (for 98 months)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 98 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 95 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 95 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 94 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 92 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 92 months)
- NUMLOG (for 92 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 91 months)
- WinGo AG (for 91 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes - LHEEA (for 87 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 82 months)
- Adfinis AG (for 80 months)
- GNI MEDIA (for 74 months)
- Laboratoire LEGI - UMR 5519 / CNRS (for 74 months)
- Tesorion (for 74 months)
- Bearstech (for 66 months)
- LiHAS (for 65 months)
- Catalyst IT Ltd (for 60 months)
- Supagro (for 55 months)
- Demarcq SAS (for 54 months)
- Université Grenoble Alpes (for 40 months)
- TouchWeb SAS (for 32 months)
- SPiN AG (for 29 months)
- CoreFiling (for 24 months)
- Institut des sciences cognitives Marc Jeannerod (for 19 months)
- Observatoire des Sciences de l’Univers de Grenoble (for 16 months)
- Tem Innovations GmbH (for 11 months)
- WordFinder.pro (for 10 months)
- CNRS DT INSU Résif (for 9 months)
- Alter Way