Like each month, have a look at the work funded by Freexian’s Debian LTS offering.
Debian project funding
There was no new activity in Debian project funding in the two existing projects. However, there was a survey run with hundreds of Debian Developers and Debian contributors. The survey results are being collated and we will use the anonymized data to further develop the Freexian project funding initiative.
We are preparing to more broadly announce additional support for Debian 8 Jessie and Debian 9 Stretch. Now, Debian 8 can be supported until June 2025 and Debian 9 until June 2027. More information on ELTS support is available.
In March € 2250 was put aside to fund Debian projects.
Learn more about the rationale behind this initiative in this article.
Debian LTS contributors
In March, 11 contributors were paid to work on Debian LTS, their reports are available below. If you’re interested in participating in the LTS or ELTS teams, we welcome participation from the Debian community. Simply get in touch with Jeremiah or Raphaël if you are if you are interested in participating.
- Abhijith PA did 12.0h out of 12h assigned.
- Anton Gladky did 20h out of 20h assigned.
- Ben Hutchings did 16h out of 24h assigned.
- Chris Lamb did 18h out of 18h assigned.
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort did 59.5h out of 59.5h assigned.
- Jeremiah Foster did 13.5 out of 20h assigned.
- Markus Koschany did 40h out of 40h assigned.
- Roberto C. Sánchez did 14h out of 32h assigned, carrying over 18h
- Sylvain Beucler did 14.5h out of 40h assigned, carrying over 25.5h
- Thorsten Alteholz did 40h out of 40h assigned.
- Utkarsh Gupta did 57.75h out of 59.5h assigned, carrying over 1.75 hours.
Evolution of the situation
In March we released 42 DLAs.
The security tracker currently lists 81 packages with a known CVE and the dla-needed.txt file has 52 packages needing an update.
We’re glad to welcome a few new sponsors such as Électricité de France (Gold sponsor), Telecats BV and Soliton Systems.
Thanks to our sponsors
Sponsors that joined recently are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- TOSHIBA (for 79 months)
- GitHub (for 70 months)
- Civil Infrastructure Platform (CIP) (for 47 months)
- Gold sponsors:
- Roche Diagnostics International AG (for 90 months)
- Linode (for 84 months)
- Babiel GmbH (for 73 months)
- Plat’Home (for 73 months)
- University of Oxford (for 29 months)
- Deveryware (for 16 months)
- VyOS Inc (for 11 months)
- EDF SA
- Silver sponsors:
- Domeneshop AS (for 95 months)
- The Positive Internet Company (for 95 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 89 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 80 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 80 months)
- Ribbon Communications, Inc. (for 74 months)
- Exonet B.V. (for 64 months)
- Leibniz Rechenzentrum (for 58 months)
- CINECA (for 47 months)
- Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires Étrangères (for 42 months)
- Cloudways Ltd (for 31 months)
- Dinahosting SL (for 29 months)
- Bauer Xcel Media Deutschland KG (for 23 months)
- Platform.sh (for 23 months)
- Moxa Intelligence Co., Ltd. (for 17 months)
- sipgate GmbH (for 14 months)
- Tilburg University (for 13 months)
- OVH US LLC (for 12 months)
- GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH (for 4 months)
- Telecats BV
- Soliton Systems K.K.
- Bronze sponsors:
- Evolix (for 95 months)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 95 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 92 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 92 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 91 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 89 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 89 months)
- NUMLOG (for 89 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 88 months)
- WinGo AG (for 88 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes - LHEEA (for 84 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 79 months)
- Adfinis AG (for 77 months)
- GNI MEDIA (for 71 months)
- Laboratoire LEGI - UMR 5519 / CNRS (for 71 months)
- Tesorion (for 71 months)
- Bearstech (for 63 months)
- LiHAS (for 62 months)
- People Doc (for 59 months)
- Catalyst IT Ltd (for 57 months)
- Supagro (for 52 months)
- Demarcq SAS (for 51 months)
- Université Grenoble Alpes (for 37 months)
- TouchWeb SAS (for 29 months)
- SPiN AG (for 26 months)
- CoreFiling (for 22 months)
- Institut des sciences cognitives Marc Jeannerod (for 16 months)
- Observatoire des Sciences de l’Univers de Grenoble (for 13 months)
- Tem Innovations GmbH (for 8 months)
- WordFinder.pro (for 7 months)
- CNRS DT INSU Résif (for 6 months)