Like each month, have a look at the work funded by Freexian’s Debian LTS offering.
Debian project funding
Folks from the LTS team, along with members of the Debian Android Tools team and Phil Morrel, have proposed work on the Java build tool, gradle, which is currently blocked due to the need to build with a plugin not available in Debian. The LTS team reviewed the project submission and it has been approved. After approval we’ve created a Request for Bids which is active now.
You’ll hear more about this through official Debian channels, but in the meantime, if you feel you can help with this project, please submit a bid. Thanks!
This September, Freexian set aside 2550 EUR to fund Debian projects.
We’re looking forward to receive more projects from various Debian teams! Learn more about the rationale behind this initiative in this article.
Debian LTS contributors
In September, 15 contributors have been paid to work on Debian LTS, their reports are available:
- Abhijith PA has returned hours and marked themselves inactive, at least for the time being. He did 0h out of 14h, carried over 14h and returned 28h.
- Adrian Bunk did 19.5h (out of 24.75h assigned and 12.75 from August), carrying over 18h to October.
- Anton Gladky did 12h (out of 12h assigned).
- Ben Hutchings did 2h (out of 12.75h assigned and 19.25h from August), thus carrying over 30h to October.
- Chris Lamb did 18h (out of 18h assigned).
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort did not report back about their work so we assume they did nothing (out of 5.5h assigned plus 74.5h from August), thus is carrying over 80h for October.
- Holger Levsen did 3h (out of 12h assigned) and gave back 9h and carried over 3h.
- Jeremiah Foster worked 10 hours (out of 20h assigned) on LTS work, carrying over 10h.
- Lee Garrett did not report back about their work so we assume they did nothing (out of 24.75h assigned and 23.75 from August), thus is carrying over 48.50h for October.
- Markus Koschany did 43.5h (out of 24.75h assigned and 18.75h from August)
- Neil Williams did 24.5h (out of 24.75h assigned)
- Roberto C. Sánchez did 6h (out of 24.75h assigned and gave back 18.75h)
- Sylvain Beucler did 27h (out of 24.75h assigned).
- Thorsten Alteholz did 24.75h (out of 24.75h assigned).
- Utkarsh Gupta did 24.75h (out of 24.75h assigned) but did not publish his report yet.
- Ola Lundqvist did 2 hours (out of 21h carried over from previous months), and is thus carrying 19h for October.
Evolution of the situation
In September we released 30 DLAs. September was also the second month of Jeremiah coordinating LTS contributors.
Also, we would like say that we are always looking for new contributors to LTS. Please contact Jeremiah if you are interested!
Thanks to our sponsors
Sponsors that joined recently are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- Gold sponsors:
- Silver sponsors:
- The Positive Internet Company (for 89 months)
- Domeneshop AS (for 88 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 82 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 74 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 74 months)
- Ribbon Communications, Inc. (for 68 months)
- Exonet B.V. (for 58 months)
- Leibniz Rechenzentrum (for 52 months)
- CINECA (for 41 months)
- Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires Étrangères (for 35 months)
- Cloudways Ltd (for 24 months)
- Dinahosting SL (for 22 months)
- Bauer Xcel Media Deutschland KG (for 17 months)
- Platform.sh (for 17 months)
- Moxa Intelligence Co., Ltd. (for 11 months)
- sipgate GmbH (for 8 months)
- OVH US LLC (for 6 months)
- Tilburg University (for 6 months)
- Bronze sponsors:
- Evolix (for 89 months)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 89 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 86 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 85 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 84 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 83 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 83 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 82 months)
- NUMLOG (for 82 months)
- WinGo AG (for 81 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes - LHEEA (for 78 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 73 months)
- Adfinis AG (for 70 months)
- Laboratoire LEGI - UMR 5519 / CNRS (for 65 months)
- Tesorion (for 65 months)
- GNI MEDIA (for 64 months)
- Bearstech (for 56 months)
- LiHAS (for 56 months)
- People Doc (for 52 months)
- Catalyst IT Ltd (for 51 months)
- Demarcq SAS (for 45 months)
- Université Grenoble Alpes (for 31 months)
- TouchWeb SAS (for 23 months)
- SPiN AG (for 19 months)
- CoreFiling (for 15 months)
- Institut des sciences cognitives Marc Jeannerod (for 10 months)
- Observatoire des Sciences de l’Univers de Grenoble (for 7 months)
- Tem Innovations GmbH