Like each month, have a look at the work funded by Freexian’s Debian LTS offering.
Debian project funding
In March, we put aside 3225 EUR to fund Debian projects but sadly nobody picked up anything, so this one of the many reasons Raphael posted as series of blog posts titled “Challenging times for Freexian”, posted in 4 author: Raphaël Hertzog parts on the last two days of March and the first two of April. [Part one, two, three and four]
So we’re still looking forward to receive more projects from various Debian teams! Learn more about the rationale behind this initiative in this article!
Debian LTS contributors
In March, 11 contributors have been paid to work on Debian LTS, their reports are available:
- Abhijith PA did 9.0h (out of 9h assigned and 12h from February), thus carrying over 12h to April.
- Anton Gladky did 12h (out of 12h assigned).
- Ben Hutchings did 25.75h (out of 16h assigned and 12.25h from February), thus carrying over 2.5h to April.
- Chris Lamb did 18h (out of 18h assigned).
- Holger Levsen did 6h coordinating/managing the LTS team.
- Markus Koschany did 30h (out of 30h assigned).
- Ola Lundqvist did 6.h (out of 10h from February).
- Roberto C. Sánchez did 9h (out of 32h assigned and 21.5h from February) and gave 40h back, thus carrying over 4.5h to April.
- Sylvain Beucler did 30h (out of 30h assigned).
- Thorsten Alteholz did 30h (out of 30h assigned).
- Utkarsh Gupta did 60h (out of 60h assigned).
Evolution of the situation
At that meeting Holger announced that after 2.5 years he wanted to step back from his role helping Raphaël in coordinating/managing the LTS team. We would like to thank Holger for his continuous work on Debian LTS (which goes back to 2014) and are happy to report that we already found a successor which we will introduce in the upcoming April report from Freexian.
Finally, we would like to remark once again that we are constantly looking for new contributors. For a last time, please contact Holger if you are interested!
We are also pleased to report that we got 4 new sponsors over the last 2 months : thanks to sipgate GmbH, OVH US LLC, Tilburg University and Observatoire des Sciences de l’Univers de Grenoble !
Thanks to our sponsors
Sponsors that joined recently are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- Gold sponsors:
- Silver sponsors:
- The Positive Internet Company (for 83 months)
- Domeneshop AS (for 82 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 77 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 68 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 68 months)
- Ribbon Communications, Inc. (for 62 months)
- Exonet B.V. (for 52 months)
- Leibniz Rechenzentrum (for 46 months)
- CINECA (for 35 months)
- Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires Étrangères (for 30 months)
- Cloudways Ltd (for 19 months)
- Dinahosting SL (for 17 months)
- Bauer Xcel Media Deutschland KG (for 11 months)
- Platform.sh (for 11 months)
- Moxa Intelligence Co., Ltd. (for 5 months)
- sipgate GmbH
- OVH US LLC
- Tilburg University
- Bronze sponsors:
- Evolix (for 83 months)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 83 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 80 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 80 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 78 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 77 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 77 months)
- NUMLOG (for 77 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 76 months)
- WinGo AG (for 76 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes - LHEEA (for 72 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 67 months)
- Adfinis AG (for 65 months)
- GNI MEDIA (for 59 months)
- Laboratoire LEGI - UMR 5519 / CNRS (for 59 months)
- Tesorion (for 59 months)
- Bearstech (for 50 months)
- LiHAS (for 50 months)
- People Doc (for 47 months)
- Catalyst IT Ltd (for 45 months)
- Supagro (for 40 months)
- Demarcq SAS (for 39 months)
- Université Grenoble Alpes (for 25 months)
- TouchWeb SAS (for 17 months)
- SPiN AG (for 14 months)
- CoreFiling (for 9 months)
- Institut des sciences cognitives Marc Jeannerod (for 4 months)
- Observatoire des Sciences de l’Univers de Grenoble