Raphaël Hertzog is the founder of Freexian SARL and is its current manager.
Volunteer contributor to the Debian project since 1997, he was among
the first French people who have joined the project. Over the years he
contributed to many
things, from the creation of the Package Tracking System to the maintenance
of the Debian package manager (dpkg).
Raphaël is also the author of a French-language
best-seller on Debian that shows in a clear and effective way how to best
apprehend this fabulous distribution. The book is published by Eyrolles in the
collection “Cahiers de l'Admin”.
He maintains a blog about free software (and Debian in particular)
You can follow him on his
Facebook page, on Twitter or Identi.ca. He also manages a free newsletter.
His latest articles
- People behind Debian: Margarita Manterola, Debian Women member
- My Debian activities in July 2011
- Understanding dpkg’s file overwrite error
- People behind Debian: Martin Michlmayr, former Debian Project Leader
- Deciphering one of dpkg’s weirdest errors: unable to open ‘/path/to/foo.dpkg-new’
- How to squash Debian release critical bugs
- 7 tips to file useful Debian bug reports and get your problem solved
- How to prepare patches for Debian packages
- My Debian activities in June 2011
- Discover 5 free software that you can support with Flattr